5 Indicators that Your Air Conditioning Is Inefficient from your friendly HVAC Contractor Maryland
Inefficient HVAC Systems can make it difficult to stay cool during the hot times without over paying on energy bills. To make sure you get the most bang for your energy bucks schedule regular maintenance on your unit.
Air Conditioners are a big investment and over time, issues can arise that can cause them to lose their efficiency. The infamous Maryland heat and humidity have arrived. If your air conditioning system seems to be losing the ability to keep your home or office cool, consider upgrading your system or schedule a checkup with Mr. Comfort of Elkton, Maryland.
Here are 5 Signs That Your Air Conditioner is Not Performing Efficiently:
- The most obvious is an increase in your energy bill. This could mean that your air conditioner system is overworking to meet the set temperature.
- Ice Formations on coils inside and outside of your home or office indicates a costly leakage.
- The air conditioner’s breaker tripping can signal that you need a repair or replacement.
- An obvious reduction in air flow could indicate clogged ducts or dusty parts.
- If your system always seems to be running, but the temperature and humidity inside is high is a sign that you are facing a need for replacement.
The average lifespan of an air conditioner is 10-15 years and proper maintenance will help prolong it. An air conditioner will lose efficiency if the evaporator coils are dirty, inadequate refrigerant levels, leaking ducts and lack of maintenance.
It is best practice to have your air conditioning system checked and maintained at the start of the season to ensure that it is working a full capacity. Mr. Comfort of Maryland can help tune up your unit to keep you cool all summer long!
5 Tips To Get Your Air Conditioner Ready for Summer
The heat of the season is here … time to get your Air Conditioner in Tip Top Shape.
Get your air conditioner ready to meet the challenge to the hot humid Maryland summer. There are a few DIY things you can do to maintain your A/C system and avoid a malfunction at the most inopportune time; a hot humid day.
Here are 5 Maintenance Tips to Get Your A/C System Ready for the Summer Months:
- Do a thorough visual inspection of your outdoor air conditioning unit. Check for and remove any debris that might have made its way into or around the unit. This is essential, as you want to ensure the airflow around the unit is not inhibited, as well as the mechanical parts, such as the fan can move freely.
- Check the fan belts on the condenser and the fan. If they look a bit worn, consider replacing them.
- Change or Clean your filter every 1-2 months. This helps to prevent unwanted dust and pollens from entering your home. Also, pet dander and hair buildup can inhibit the cold air flow, lowering your system’s efficiency. Be sure to turn off the power first to avoid blowing dust everywhere.
- Vacuum the compartment, as it also collects dust and pollen. A clean A/C System will work much more efficiently, keeping you comfortable this summer.
- Once you’ve performed all the tasks above, it’s time to test out the system to confirm that your air conditioner is in prime condition to get you through this upcoming season. Set your thermostat to a cool temperature to ensure that it is working properly.
Of course, a scheduled maintenance with a qualified professional is a fail-safe way to truly verify that you’re A/C is ready to take on the summer months.
Mr. Comfort Heating and Air Conditioning serves the Elkton, Maryland and surrounding community with all their heating and cooling needs.
Call or Contact Us today :