5 Tips To Get Your Air Conditioner Ready for Summer
The heat of the season is here … time to get your Air Conditioner in Tip Top Shape.
Get your air conditioner ready to meet the challenge to the hot humid Maryland summer. There are a few DIY things you can do to maintain your A/C system and avoid a malfunction at the most inopportune time; a hot humid day.
Here are 5 Maintenance Tips to Get Your A/C System Ready for the Summer Months:
- Do a thorough visual inspection of your outdoor air conditioning unit. Check for and remove any debris that might have made its way into or around the unit. This is essential, as you want to ensure the airflow around the unit is not inhibited, as well as the mechanical parts, such as the fan can move freely.
- Check the fan belts on the condenser and the fan. If they look a bit worn, consider replacing them.
- Change or Clean your filter every 1-2 months. This helps to prevent unwanted dust and pollens from entering your home. Also, pet dander and hair buildup can inhibit the cold air flow, lowering your system’s efficiency. Be sure to turn off the power first to avoid blowing dust everywhere.
- Vacuum the compartment, as it also collects dust and pollen. A clean A/C System will work much more efficiently, keeping you comfortable this summer.
- Once you’ve performed all the tasks above, it’s time to test out the system to confirm that your air conditioner is in prime condition to get you through this upcoming season. Set your thermostat to a cool temperature to ensure that it is working properly.
Of course, a scheduled maintenance with a qualified professional is a fail-safe way to truly verify that you’re A/C is ready to take on the summer months.
Mr. Comfort Heating and Air Conditioning serves the Elkton, Maryland and surrounding community with all their heating and cooling needs.
Call or Contact Us today :