Tips to Repair The Furnace in Your Maryland Home
As the seasons begin to change, it’s time to get ready for the colder months. Don’t wait until it’s too late and you’re stuck out in the cold. It can be extremely frustrating to discover there is no heat coming through your vents. As an expert, we know that this can be caused from a number of problems, whether it is a simple fix or a complex repair, we are here to help.
So what can you do to resolve the issue before calling the experts? Follow these tips below to get started.
- Confirm that the thermostat is set to heat. Sounds too obvious right? However, many thermostats must be manually switched to heat, and this switch can be easily moved when performing basic home cleaning, making you unaware that the heat setting was actually changed.
- Check your filter. This is one of the most common problems within the furnace, mainly because most people forget about the filters. A dirty filter can cause a blockage in the airflow, so it’s important to replace your filter frequently, at least once or twice a month.
- Check the circuit breaker in your home. Look for the circuit that controls the furnace. It is on the “on” position of the “off” position?
- Adjust the temperature setting. Set the temperature at a point that will turn the furnace on. We suggest setting the temperature 5 degrees higher than the actual room temperature.
- Look for blocked ducts. If you notice that a few of your rooms are still called even thought your furnace is on, now would be the time to check the air ducts within each room.
If these simple tips still do not work, give the experts a call at Mr Comfort. We can help with all of your furnace needs!