5 Indicators that Your Air Conditioning Is Inefficient from your friendly HVAC Contractor Maryland
Inefficient HVAC Systems can make it difficult to stay cool during the hot times without over paying on energy bills. To make sure you get the most bang for your energy bucks schedule regular maintenance on your unit.
Air Conditioners are a big investment and over time, issues can arise that can cause them to lose their efficiency. The infamous Maryland heat and humidity have arrived. If your air conditioning system seems to be losing the ability to keep your home or office cool, consider upgrading your system or schedule a checkup with Mr. Comfort of Elkton, Maryland.
Here are 5 Signs That Your Air Conditioner is Not Performing Efficiently:
- The most obvious is an increase in your energy bill. This could mean that your air conditioner system is overworking to meet the set temperature.
- Ice Formations on coils inside and outside of your home or office indicates a costly leakage.
- The air conditioner’s breaker tripping can signal that you need a repair or replacement.
- An obvious reduction in air flow could indicate clogged ducts or dusty parts.
- If your system always seems to be running, but the temperature and humidity inside is high is a sign that you are facing a need for replacement.
The average lifespan of an air conditioner is 10-15 years and proper maintenance will help prolong it. An air conditioner will lose efficiency if the evaporator coils are dirty, inadequate refrigerant levels, leaking ducts and lack of maintenance.
It is best practice to have your air conditioning system checked and maintained at the start of the season to ensure that it is working a full capacity. Mr. Comfort of Maryland can help tune up your unit to keep you cool all summer long!